Saturday 15 January 2011

15/01/11 - Bench Day - Saturday

Dead program has left me really wiped today, but still made an improvement on the bench from last Wednesday.
Decided to try a wider grip on my bench today, felt okay until I went for 120kg and the damn thing felt like a lead weight, then failed with 135kg, dropped down to 132.5kg and with a medium grip (pinkies on power-rings) and it flew up...ish...well I made the lift with a few kilos left.

1) Bench (Wide Grip, ie index on power rings), All paused at chest
Weight      Reps     Sets
40kg           5           1
60kg           3           1
100kg         1           1
120kg         1           1
135kg         F           1
Medium Grip
132.5kg      1           1 - felt like I could have got 135 with this 
125kg         1           1  - planned to get 3 reps but on second, chest just gave out
120kg         3           1  - without the last set could have got 4reps I guess
110kg         5           1  - stalled half way up on 6th rep, chest couldn't transfer the bar to the triceps....ie a sticking point
Close Grip (index right next to shiny part of bar ~16")
80kg          11          1

2) Press Behind Neck/Head (nb I had zero strength reserves here)
Weight      Reps     Sets
40kg           8           1
60kg           5           1

3) Light BB Shrugs (to get blood flowing to traps & shoulders, also active recovery for yesterdays training)
Weight      Reps     Sets
60kg          20          1

As I am typing this I just realised I have forgotten to stretch....therefore I will go do some mini bands stretches...bye.

No comments:

Post a Comment