Thursday 7 October 2010

New PB on Bench!

New Bench PB: 142.5kg

(touch and go)

Video =
 

Decided to go a different route with my bench yesterday.

There's an old school bench program written by Jeff Maddy (drug free), where he outlines a two month routine that focuses solely on singles only, (not inc. warmups). 
The logic is that it will be more specific to competition than repping out.

And get this....no assistance exercises at all! Never saw the point of them anyway, other than to increase blood flow to area. I mean you've just worked the muscles used in the lift to full (or near) extertion, and then you force yourself to continue with additional work...overkill.  Well, in my case, I think this is possibly true.

And without further adue, find below my training: (video posted later....maybe).

Wednesday 06/10/10

Bench press (medium grip):
Weight       Reps        Sets
 80kg             3              1
100kg            3              1
120kg            1              1
130kg            1              1
135kg            1              1
140kg            1              1
142.5kg         1              1
drop sets
130kg            1              3

and thats it.
no wasted effort.

I will try and post the article once I find it.

Until then ..stay tuned..

No comments:

Post a Comment