Tuesday 8 May 2012

Restarting Posting

As previous posts have indicated my recent training has been ....difficult, to say the least.

But I am certain my training for a powerlifting competition in 7th of July, will bring my strength back up and beyond.  Even with loosing body-fat as I go.

My recent lifts have been a fairly easy 260kg dead, and bench is around 145-150kg, squat...not sure.

As it was bank holiday yesterday I was unable to train as usual, this was because I travelled back to Teesside on this day, and after checking over 7 gyms all where shut. Was driving around till 2100 looking.

For this reason I trained twice today. As shown below:

Warmups not included

Tuesday 08/05/12 - 
Workout 1:     1330-1500
1) Bench (medium grip)
Weight     Reps      Sets
140kg         1           1     - worked up to a very easy, but not smooth (paused as well)
132.5kg      3           1     - not great as four weeks ago I did this for 4 reps, but 2-3 kg heavier bw
120kg         5           1
110kg         6           1  - done with a very close grip

2) Beltless Squat (I think the bar used was 2 kg lighter than normal)
Weight     Reps      Sets
168kg         1           1 (though it was 170kg)

3) PBN   4x6
Weight     Reps      Sets
58kg           6           4  - though it was 60kg, very easy though, will have to keep weigh same and use good bar

4) BB Curl 3x6 ( same stupid bar)
Weight     Reps      Sets
48kg           6           3 ( again though it was 50kg)


Workout Two:  1930-2000 ish
1) Squat With belt
Weight     Reps      Sets
165kg         5           3   - Gotta say this felt hard, prob cause I squatted earlier.

Was gonna do some extra bench work or tricep (jm press) etc as well as Pullups, but time was pressing.


Now as I type this at 10 mins to midnight I am f***in' knackered.

I will be trying the Finnish training method as written by Janne Heittokangas, found on this site=https://sites.google.com/a/illinipowerlifting.org/illini-powerliting/training-methods-1

I will be using this for squat, possibly bench (not sure though, might just use Bill Seno's method), prob will use it for press, and for deadlift I will prob just stick to pulling heavy singles?

Fuck if I know....













No comments:

Post a Comment